Card sorting is a user experience method that helps UX practitioners organize information in a way that is friendly and intuitive to users. Card sorting involves having users sort topics into broad categories for the purposes of understanding how users mentally group those topics. By engaging actual users and looking for "average" grouping patterns, UX researchers can use card sorting to help answer the following types questions:
- How should these menu items be grouped
- Does the current information architecture make sense to users?
- Under what category would users most likely to look for a new topic area?
In this webinar, we'll share our card sorting experience. We’ll cover the how, when, why, and where of conducting your very own card sorting exercise.
Join this webinar to learn to:
- Develop an understanding of why and when to use card sorting.
- Identify the key steps in the card sorting process.
- Avoid common card sorting mistakes.
- Interpret card sorting results.