Tell the story of the experience. Identify the AHA! moment. Innovate solutions.
Whether you're new to journey mapping or looking for new ways to facilitate internal journey mapping sessions, the Journey Mapping Certification Workshop will teach you everything you need to know about journey mapping experiences. You'll get hands-on experience using your own case study to prepare a journey map. And you'll get certified in the tools and skills to lead your own journey mapping workshops!
What is journey mapping?
Each experience someone has with your organization is not a discrete, isolated event. It's one of a series of interconnected interactions that form a journey, over time, with your organization.
Journey mapping provides a collaborative, visual representation of how your users use your website/product/service which helps:
- Deliver consistently great experiences, in particular in complex interactions with your products or services;
- Identify gaps in content and functionality and between key touchpoints; critical moments; and opportunities for innovation based on user needs and business objectives;
- Breakdown silos in your organization that get in the way of how people interact with your products and services;
- Identify critical gaps, pain points, and points of failure in your user's experience; and
- Drive transformation and innovation in your organization.
By the end of this workshop, you'll learn how to:
- Identify four different types of journey maps.
- Overcome objections and gain buy-in for journey mapping initiatives from executives and key stakeholders.
- Plan and facilitate journey mapping workshops that deliver the AHA! moments you need.
- Storytell the experience of key interactions to create empathy.
- Build consensus among diverse stakeholders, facilitating change and/or innovation.
- Solve gnarly experience problems.
- Prioritize innovations based on impact to the experience and your organization.
- Gather objective, unbiased research to validate journey mapping findings.
- Best practices, tools, and tips for every step of the journey mapping process.
- Deliver journey maps that feature helpful insight into key experiences with your organization.
- Lead internal experience mapping initiatives that get the right results.
Online training begins Monday, October 23, 2017
During this five-week online training, you will collaborate in asynchronously with your facilitator and classmates via video lessons, weekly activities, and interactive group discussions. Our training is designed to help you learn twice as much in half the time. In order to achieve the high levels of engagement needed, training is highly interactive and case study based.
You'll walk away with:
- Your own case study journey map from your organization that you can put to use right away.
- Toolkits with templates, checklists, and resources - everything you need for each step of the journey mapping process.
- UX.training Journey Mapping Certification credential you can share on your LinkedIn profile to highlight your accomplishment and boost your credibility.
Topics Covered Each Week Include:
- Download: Journey Mapping Playbook
- Download: Sample Journey Map
- Download: Journey Mapping Planning Toolkit
- Video: Overview of Journey Mapping
- Video: Journey Mapping for Storytelling & Innovation
- Video: Five Step Journey Mapping Process
- Video: Planning Journey Mapping Activities
- Video: Key Elements of Successful Journey Maps
- Video: Developing Valid Personas for Your Journey Maps
- Discussion: Personas
- Video: Defining the Journey
- Activity: Actions
- Discussion: Storytelling the Experience
- Video: Preparing for the Workshop
- Activity: Journey Mapping Elements
- Discussion: Constraints
- Video: Conducting the Workshop
- Video: Workshop Rules & Best Practices
- Activity: Create Your Draft Journey Map
- Video: Tying Metrics to Innovation
- Discussion: Financial & Non-financial Metrics
- Video: Innovation
- Activity: Innovation